Monday, July 27, 2009

Did You Do That?

Dear Gavin,

Did you know that Gramma had a birthday? Papa made a bid deal about it. He bought her a new computer and they had a party for her. But they left us dogs at home. They had all this food and we couldn't go. Gramma didn't even tell us who was supposed to be in charge! Papa said they must hurry and she didn't even tell us to be good and that she loved us!

I was pretty bummed out, I tell you. Since nobody was in charge I thought I would just do what ever I wanted to do. Oscar told me that she would play with us when she got home and probably give us a treat. But, no, I would not listen to him. Hey, he was not in charge! Emmy didn't say anything. She has not been feeling so good and she just went in my old kennel and took a nap.

Well, I was so mad at Gramma and I was playing and running and ........... I saw one of her shoes. It was the kind that she wears out to clean the pool and play in her garden. She never lets me play in her garden! She does not take me to the pool! And tonight she just left! She did not say that she loved me! I was mad, I tell you! I took that shoe and got up on the couch and I started to chew on it.

Oscar warned me that I would regret it later, but I did not care. I was mad at her, really, really mad! I chewed harder and I pulled and the shoe started to come apart. I spit pieces out and kept tearing that shoe apart. It felt good! I liked feeling it rip apart while I chewed it, so I kept chewing and tearing that shoe up!

Oh no, I hear them coming! I left the shoe on the couch and went to the door so that I could jump into the air when she came in. I was not mad any more, I wanted to see Gramma. I just knew she would be happy to see me and I was going to sit by her on the couch and she was going to tell Papa to get us dogs a treat. I was wagging my tail and I was so happy cause Gramma and Papa were coming in that door!

"Hi, my babies!" said Gramma, when she opened the door. "Come here, my babies and give me some kisses". We all went to her and she leaned down and we all got kissed and everything was happy in my world and .... then ....... she saw it.... "Did you do that?" Uh-oh. She was talking to me. I hung my head low and then I lay down on the floor as low as I could. I wanted to disappear, but she could still see me!

She went over to the couch and she saw it all. "Look at this, just look at this!" she said. "Wall-E, you are in big trouble!" "I have had it with your shenanigans, mister. Come her to me, now." I ran, I hid under that big table.

"Look at what that dog did!" she said to Papa. Then she grabbed that big piece of the shoe and she crawled under that big table and she spanked me with it!!! She was mad! I think she was madder than I was when I chewed the shoe up. Gramma is scary when she is mad! I will not be making her mad again, no, I will not.
After Gramma threw the shoe and all the pieces away and cleaned up she called me to come and have a talk. I did not want to, but Oscar said it was best to just go get it over with. He said you never can get out of having the talk. So I went and got in her lap. She told me that she still loved me, but that she could not afford to keep replacing shoes. I am not sure what that means, but I just kept looking at her. She likes it when you look at her while she is talking to you. If you don't look at her, she will hold your face and make you, then she will tell you to pay attention. Pay? I do not have any money!
It is all over now. She keeps buying me toys and I really should just chew on my own stuff. She is right about that. Emmy said that I let my temper get the better of me. I have no idea what that even means. She likes to try to talk like Gramma. I bet she doesn't even know what it means. Do you know? Let me know if you do and I will say it to her one day. I can pretend I am smart, too, you know!
I miss seeing you. I would not have gotten into trouble if you had been here. You would have helped me hide it, wouldn't you? You are the best boy any dog ever had and I love you..... don't forget that, okay?
Your dog,
Wall-E



No comments:

Post a Comment