Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Where Is Toni ....... Update

Dear Gavin,

You will be as relieved as I am to know that even though Papa came back without the puppy called Toni, he is going to go back and get her at 3:00. Gramma asked how Toni did on the ride and Papa said she yakked in the truck. It is okay, I have seen the inside of Papa's truck. A little dog yak will fit right in. But ......... why did she throw up? Was she sick, does she have a puppy disease? Is that why Papa took her?

Gramma asked Papa what the puppy called Toni did when he handed her over. Handed her over??? To who? This is not sounding good to me. Papa said they put her in a cage. Wait, did I hear that right? A cage? I wanted to go get Oscar, but I could not leave the sofa in case I missed something. Oscar was eating. Gramma put all of our dog dishes up last night. I don't know why. Anyhow, Papa said that Toni kept looking at him from the cage with a sad face. Gramma was sad, too. She said that Toni probably thought that she was back at the pound. This just keeps getting worse.

Then Papa said that he would be going back to get her at 3:00. Then he went out to fix some plumbing and I ran to tell Oscar what I had heard. Oscar was appalled that they had put our puppy in a cage! He told me that if not for the fact that Papa was going back to get her, we would be planning a rescue! I did not point out the fact that we still did not know exactly where she was. I have learned that although Oscar is very brave and will stand up to anyone, he is also a big talker. Let's keep that between the two of us. I would not want him to know I said that. He is very strong, I think I could outrun him, but he can be very determined when you make him mad.

I will no doubt write another update when Toni comes home and I can get her side of this story. I think I heard Gramma say something about surgery, too. I don't want to talk about that ...... I might be sick if I do. I don't even like to have my nails cut!

Your reporter dog, Wall-E

2 comments:

  1. Wall E, I have a suspicion that I know what's going on with Toni. I saw it quite a few times when I was up at the adoption kennel, and it even happened to me. My bet is that the vet is going to make sure that puppy Toni can't have any puppies of her own. Trust me, this is a good thing! Can you imagine a pack of Toni puppies attacking you? It would not be a good thing! I'll keep my paws crossed that the puppy Toni is home safe and sound soon. You'll just have to be really careful with her. My bet is that the vet says she won't be able to play for a few days.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wall-E--I will be watching out the window of our camper for your Toni. If I see her, I will howl, Okay?

    ReplyDelete