Friday, September 11, 2009

School Started


Dear Gavin,

Gramma tells me that you started school today. Okay, I admit that I have no idea what school is. I asked Emmy and I asked Oscar. They were not really sure, so we all went to Gramma so she could tell us.


School is where you learn things! Gramma says that you are going to learn to read and write. I am so excited. This means that you will be able to write to me and that you can read what I write to you and you won't have to ask your mom for help!! Gramma tells us that your mom is a busy woman. She says that she has to take care of you and work and do all the things that have to be done at your house. Gramma says that the only time your mom has to help you read and write is at night when her shows are on...... and we all know better than to interrupt your mom then. She said that your mom is a force to be reckoned with. When I asked, she said that things are just calmer if we don't mess with your mom.


So, how does this thing called school work? Gramma says that you might even ride a bus! I didn't know what that was, but Oscar did. He reminded me that I had seen one go by our house. It was very big and yellow. Gramma told Oscar that he was right and then she started singing this really dumb song to us (you know how she likes to sing). "The wheels on the bus go round and round........" The wheels are round, so how else would they go? Really, even I know that!


Gramma says that you will have a teacher to help you and that you will learn the letters of the alphabet. She explained to me that these letters will be used to make words and that you will learn how to put them together. This sounds pretty complicated to me. I looked at Gramma with my head to one side and she told me not to worry, that you would be able to do it. She says that you are very smart. Papa said that you look like him and act like him and that meant that you are really smart. Gramma called Papa a comedienne. That is someone who thinks they are funny, but they aren't.....that is what Gramma said....to Papa.


Papa said that you will learn to count and work with numbers, too. Wow. This is a whole lot of new stuff for you. I must have looked worried again because she picked me up and rubbed my head. She said that all children your age are going to learn all this. She said that Maya was going to school, too. And get this.....Kenzie is still going to school and she is way older than you and Maya. This school thing must be pretty important if everybody is going. Gage and Layla go to school, too.


I am still a little confused. Maybe I need a nap. In honor of your first day of school I had a bath. It was quite refreshing and I am thinking a nice long nap will top it off to perfection. Gramma says that my vocabulary is growing. I am not going to ask her what a vocabulary is today. I will dream of you, my boy. I will see you writing words and numbers in my sleep. I love you, my boy.



Your Clean Dog, Wall-E

1 comment:

  1. I am bad. I haven't been by in awhile. Loved this post about school!

    ReplyDelete