Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Am Coming Undone

Dear Gavin,

This new puppy called Toni will be my undoing! I have managed to convince her that she is not allowed in my kennel. Can you believe that Gramma suggested I let her have my kennel to sleep in. That is where I draw the line! It is true that Oscar and Emmy sometimes take a little nap with me in my kennel .......... but it is by invitation only. That means that you can't come in unless I say so! And I do not say that the puppy called Toni can enter my kennel. I have already nipped her to let her know and she is staying away from my kennel that holds my treasures.

This puppy called Toni has already done so many bad things. She has chewed on Papa's shoes! I shudder to think that she could chew on your old shoes that I sleep with when I need comfort. She walks all over the tables in the living room and yesterday she knocked a lamp down. Did she get in big trouble? No. Can you believe it?

Gramma was hanging out clothes yesterday and she saw this puppy called Toni digging a hole!! She dug until she had water in the hole and the mud was flying everywhere. Gramma hollered, "NO, Toni, BAD GIRL!!!!!" I got out of the way, so I could watch. I must confess that this was making me quite happy, since she had already gotten me in trouble when she smeared mud on my back. This crazy puppy called Toni stopped, and still standing in the mud hole, she just looked at Gramma with her goofy look. She was not scared at all, she even wagged her tail. Then she just started digging again. Gramma clapped her hands and asked this silly puppy if she had a death wish. Boy, I was really enjoying this. Then she gave her a shake and told her no again. Gramma covered the hole with a big steeping stone and then she looked at me and told me she was sorry for scolding me about the mud! She said she knew it was not my fault. Oh, my boy, was I ever happy!


Just look at this puppy called Toni. Her face is all muddy and she just had a bath! Look at the arm of the chair. Gramma was not very happy with this puppy called Toni.

Look at Oscar's eye! She swiped him with her muddy paw. Don't worry, he is okay, Gramma cleaned his eye.


Okay, I did play with her. But, I did not have fun! It just looks like I was having fun, that's all.





This all happened yesterday and we all got a bath last night. Then, this morning while Gramma was outside painting a sign and Papa forgot to latch the gate ........... this puppy called Toni got into the bathroom trash can! Oscar does this sometimes when Papa fails to latch the gate that keeps us dogs out of the bedroom and bathroom. This makes Gramma mad. She told Papa that this is the only thing she expects him to do in the morning. She said an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure. Why does she say these things?



Emmy told me that it just means that it only takes a second for Papa to secure the gate, but it takes 10 minutes for Gramma to clean up the mess. Well, let me tell you, this puppy called Toni made a really big mess! She ripped the liner to shreds and tore up everything into tiny pieces. When Gramma saw this I thought Toni would get a swat with the fly swatter for sure, but Gramma was mad at Papa!!



I was listening when Gramma read those papers from the animal shelter and I heard her say that we have 30 days to try this puppy called Toni in our house and if things don't work out we can take her back. It has only been three days and I volunteer to ride along to take her back!!



Do we really have to have her the whole 30 days? I wish I could see you, my boy. Together we could figure this out. I played with two boys yesterday. Alan came into the store to see the puppy called Toni, but he liked me the best. Really, he did. Then Benjamin came to see me with his Papa. I know his Papa, his name is Crazy Tom (I think that might be his Indian name). I jumped into the air and gave Benjamin a kiss! He reminded me of you.



I must go nap now. This puppy called Toni is very tiring. I will be dreaming of you, my boy. Don't forget that I love you.



Your best dog, Wall-E









1 comment:

  1. Awe Cute!!! It's okay Wall-E. Your papa still loves you best and will NEVER let any other dog take your place!!!!

    ReplyDelete